Safari Being Attcked

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Starting a couple of days ago, my Safari is bringing up a pop behind screen. The URL is always the same, and different at the same time. It always looks like this: "search.webpage.com/search.php," where the "webpage.com" is always a different website, but the rest of the URL is the same. I've noticed that the webpage has always had Flash content on it that is being suppressed by my "ClickToPlugin" Safari Extension. I've never clicked on the Flash button, so I've never actually seen whatever goody someone is trying to force on me.

I've tried resetting Safari, clearing everything. I've looked in my Applications folder for anything suspicious. Does anyone have an idea about what's causing this and how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

OP
VegasGeorge
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Thanks Harryb2448. I have it now, and we'll see how it goes.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
My guess would be that starting a couple days ago, you began visiting some web site that uses (or they just began using) pop under advertising. When I run into those, I try to figure out what site it is, quit using any site that uses such a technique and find some other site to replace that one. Adblock will help with those, but not all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.