Apple TV and VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello All

I am after some advice or information regarding the use of Apple TV2 jailbroken and the use of it in the UAE. I know you can pick up such stations as ITV and 4OD but currently if i view them via ipad or iphone i need to use a VPN

Will this still be the case ? Also any ideas how to load a VPN to the apple tv if i need to

Many thanks

Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can just enter the appropriate dns servers in the network settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Retina, Mid 2012
I wouldn't use a VPN to access content from oversea sources.

Personally, I use a DNS service called UnoTelly. There are others that do the same thing.

You don't need to jailbreak anything and it is pretty straight forward how to change your DNS on your devices or even router.

Reaction score
I wouldn't use a VPN to access content from oversea sources.

Personally, I use a DNS service called UnoTelly. There are others that do the same thing.

You don't need to jailbreak anything and it is pretty straight forward how to change your DNS on your devices or even router.

What do you mean DNS service, the other poster said to change the DNS. I have seen where you can enter a DNS, but I have no idea what DNS is or what number to change it to.

I run VPN, to access Netflix from Bahrain, and it works ok sometimes, but slow.

Thea big problem latley is the ATV giving me. Loading this content error, almost always, even using the apps on the ATV.

I have restarted it over and over, unplugged it, deleted and re added the netflix app, used Netflix UK, unplugged the router. Nothing works. The netflix works most of the time on the ipad or iPhone but can't load in Airply to the TV.

Help please

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Have a look at unblockus works great with AppleTV and let's you choose from a web interface which country you want to appear to be in.

They have extensive, straightforward instructions on configuring many devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.