iLife '09

Reaction score
I was interested in the web design part of the iLife package when I bought my new iMac OSX v.10.8.4. I was sorry to hear that Apple no longer supports the web design part of the iLife suite. It is not included in the latest packages of iLife. After reading all about the differences in the versions '09, '10, and '11, I ordered iLife '09 from Amazon. It doesn't seem to want to load -- keeps popping out of my external DVD player. Has anyone else ever loaded this version of iLife to their new iMac. Is this DVD even loadable or did I just throw good money out the window?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
As with most OS's and APP's you can not go backwards beyond what the Mac came with.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You can get an iLife '11 DVD that contains iWeb and iDVD. I have one sitting here right in front of me. It will install on 10.8.4, but you will get a certificate error when you start setup. You can pass by this and install it just fine.

However, it will not update via the App Store like the current versions will.

The DVD that I have is white, says CPU Drop-In DVD on the right and has the iLife color logo on the left side.

OP
G
Reaction score
You can get an iLife '11 DVD that contains iWeb and iDVD. I have one sitting here right in front of me. It will install on 10.8.4, but you will get a certificate error when you start setup. You can pass by this and install it just fine.

However, it will not update via the App Store like the current versions will.

The DVD that I have is white, says CPU Drop-In DVD on the right and has the iLife color logo on the left side.

I currently have a white DVD with the iLife '09 logo on the left. It does say "CPU Drop-in DVD" on the disk. I selected the '09 version of iLife because of what I read on line that the version '11 didn't have much more to offer (other than the movie making or music making capabilities -- that I didn't care about). And, my daughter who has an older iMac has the '09 version (and would be a big help if I run into trouble.) Would you recommend that I order the iLife '11 -- even though the '09 version doesn't want to load? How much $$$ investment in this software should I make? And, is it worth it? I'm getting an iHeadache. Any possibility that if I take it to an Apple store, they would "look" at it to tell me if it's loadable? Or would that be a waste of my time?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
Gander2 . . . before buying another iLife version, try a couple of short burst of canned air into the DVD feed slot. It just may need a little dusting off. If the disk is defective, Amazon will replace it.

OP
G
Reaction score
I tried the canned air. The disk inserts just fine and I get the message that it is "Fetching" as I listen to it whir and spin. But it doesn't actually "fetch" anything. Then it ejects. I tried to "open" it while it was in the DVD player but that didn't work either. Grrrr

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks to one and all for your suggestions -- The canned air and a lot of persistence did the trick. Don't know what the problem was, but the end result was that I was able to load and use the iWeb. Love this forum!!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.