Screen Captures with True Lasso effect

Reaction score
I’ve been looking all over the internet to find a simple way to capture screen shots with true lasso capabilities, not just one that captures in a square or rectangular fashion. I need to capture and save a partial image that can’t be done with a rectangular capture. I know some graphic programs has a lasso option but can’t figure out whether my Mac can do it with what’s built into it or if there’s a simple (and preferably free or cheap) app that will allow me to encircle what I need to capture and save it to new image. Can anyone help on this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use Monosnap to do special captures and then to add various other items. It's free from the Mac App store so it will cost you nothing to give it a try. Not sure if it's exactly what you're looking for but since it's free..... ;)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

The screenshot ability built into OS X allows you to take a full screen capture or a small portion through a rectangle. It doesn't support arbitrary sizes..I don't believe I've come across any that do it..

You might have to use the rectangle or full-screen capture method and then use the lasso option in your graphic program to crop it the way you want it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.