iPod screen issue after being replaced

Reaction score
Hello everyone

Im desperate with this case. I use to fix my friends' ipods and phones for a cheap price and after some problems (some one didnt want to pay) i stopped. But my friend asked me if i could fix her iPod... I agreed only if it was for free, she bought the screen i indicated on amazon and so. finally i replaced the screen only it displays white. That's it. nothing else...it is obviously responding because it turns on and off when i press the home or the lock button. I already resetted by holding Home+lock and home+VolUP+lock. iTunes detects the ipod. Just for curiousity i made a screenshot on the ipod and this is what i got:

0u1aalP.png

i dont even know where i messed up or what component got affected. Does somebody know whats wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hmmm. One of my first guesses is that it's the wrong screen. Perhaps a retina screen on a non-retina iPod. Second guess is one of the cables attached to the screen is loose or damaged. I don't know which model iPod you are working on, and I haven't opened one up myself, but looking over a couple guides on iFixit, I would say it's either the digitizer cable (less likely) or the display cable (most likely).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.