Deleting e-mails

Reaction score
Hello all,

Can someone tell me please how to delete unwanted e-mails without the need to open them first on my iMac desktop

Phil.

C

chas_m

multiple ways:

1. quickly select more than one and drag them to the trash
2. Close the viewer window
3. right-click on them and choose "move to trash" or "delete" or whatever you want

OP
P
Reaction score
multiple ways:

1. quickly select more than one and drag them to the trash
2. Close the viewer window
3. right-click on them and choose "move to trash" or "delete" or whatever you want

Hi,

Thanks for that...only problem is, i then have to highlight them in order to delete permanently and in so doing they automatically open!...i just want to be able to permanently delete any unwanted/suspect mails safely without the risk of opening a possible virus!

Guess i must be doing something wrong?

Phil.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You can't get any sort of malware installed simply by opening an email. The risks inherent to emails are only made possible through either any attachments or by clicking on any links in an email (and thus, redirected elsewhere). You are fine to select and then delete them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.