Weird CMD+ problem

Reaction score
I'm trying to nail down a problem I'm having with my Mac: when I depress the CMD key, the 2, 3 and 4 keys on the top row of the keyboard are unresponsive; on the number pad, CMD+1-4 are unresponsive.

I find it's also occurring on my MacBook Pro, although it's only CMD+3 and CMD+4 which are affected.

I've discovered this in trying to make use of menu items in Mail, Safari, Finder and Ulysses which are supposed to be activated by these shortcuts – the menu items work find using the mouse, it's just the keyboard shortcuts that appear to be broken.

It's definitely a software issue. It seems to occur only on my account. I've tried cleaning, safe-booting, removing plist files, changing keyboards, changing USB inputs – everything I can think of and find on the internet, but nothing has resolved it. Perhaps I've installed – and possibly long-deleted – something, or changed a setting and forgotten, but it's really got me stumped and I'd like to sort it out.

Does anybody have any ideas how I might fix this?

Many thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.