can't download itunes?

Reaction score
Dell Inspiron 530S Vista. itunes was working fine on this desktop pc but I uninstalled itunes after having a problem not seeing the ipod showing up when connected, now I am trying to download and reinstall, going to the Apple page here: Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now when I click to download it asks where to save but after that window closes nothing happens, help please?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Look carefully at where that link takes you. If you are on the Mac at the time lot will link to the OS X version. If that happens scroll down below the "Download Now" button and you will see a small blue link to get the Windows version.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yep, at this time the Windows download link asks if you want to save the file and then nothing.

Try again later.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes, you were right, I was not downloading from the correct location Slydude, thank you very much! Strange, the playlists are showing in the new installation so that's good news. Now I have to link back to the songs which is exactly what I need to do on my mac for which I had created another thread. When I had created the playlists originally on my pc, the mp3's were physically located on my external hard drive so I now connected the drive and tried to open some tunes in the playlist but it cannot located the songs so I changed the "itunes Media Folder location in Preferences-Advanced to the folder of mp3's lon the external but this doesn't work. Can you tell me what the procedure is to have itunes located these songs again please?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.