Question about MBA 13inch 2013 macbook air

Reaction score
Hello,

I recently bought a macbook air 13 inch and I was wondering how the battery works. If the macbook is plugged in and the battery is fully charged, does the laptop draw power from the battery or the outlet? If it draws directly from the outlet, does that mean the battery is not in use?

The following is a screenshot from an application called coconut battery and it says the battery usage is 0 watt even when under heavy load like gaming. This means the battery is not in used right ?

Thanks

Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 10.15.59 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
At the time of that screenshot the battery was not being used. As to if it gets used while under heavy load, if the power supply is providing enough power, then it may not be using the battery.

OP
S
Reaction score
At the time of that screenshot the battery was not being used. As to if it gets used while under heavy load, if the power supply is providing enough power, then it may not be using the battery.

Thank you for your reply :) Never knew the laptop was this smart!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.