moving picasa files to external hard drive

Reaction score
Hello everyone, :)

I am new to the forum...and have recently moved to an iMac from windows XP

I can't discover how to move my Picasa folders to my external hard drive and would appreciate someone's help to do this please.

Phil.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
As I remember it, Picasa doesn't have a special folder - it simply shows your pictures and doesn't organize them (like iPhoto does). Thus, you'd have to move the folders that Picasa looks at over to the hard drive. You can see what folders it's looking at by going to Tools > Folder Manager.

OP
P
Reaction score
As I remember it, Picasa doesn't have a special folder - it simply shows your pictures and doesn't organize them (like iPhoto does). Thus, you'd have to move the folders that Picasa looks at over to the hard drive. You can see what folders it's looking at by going to Tools > Folder Manager.

Hi,Thanks for your reply. Picasa does have folders that are created by naming the batch when importing photo's. Organizing is then done by selecting various options from drop down menu's.

My problem is that i want to move some of the large raw files directly from Picasa to my ext hard drive...I was easily able to do this with my old windows XP...by simply locating the files that i wanted to move on the disc via a drop down tab,then selecting "all","move files" and then i was able to choose my ext drive and click "move"

I no longer get these same options with the iMac...i do get one that lets me locate the folder in Finder...but that's where it all stops for me!...as there is no option to move them on to my ext drive(that i can see anyway!)

Phil.

OP
P
Reaction score
Hello all,

Belated update to say that all is fine now. The problem was that my ext HD was formatted for just windows...so I had to burn all my old external hard drive files to disc's to safeguard them and then format it on my iMac.

Now able to move files easily!

Phil.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.