• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

QT 7 Pro Playback

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to record a movie in QT7 Pro on a mac mini and have it export directly to a flash drive.

I can get the movie to record, and save to the flash drive, but when I play the movie back on another computer, specifically a PC it is only black and there is no image. I have been searching around for a while and found some issues that are slightly similar and have been unsuccessful in getting this to work.

Any suggestions?

Additional setup info:
Using a mac mini, USB Camera, Quick Time 7 pro on Lion.

Thanks!

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What are you exporting the movie as and what are you using to play back the file on your Windows machine? Issues like this are usually caused by a lack of proper codec support (in this case, on the Windows machine).

OP
W
Reaction score
I exported as .mov to a flash drive and playback is on quicktime on the PC. I just tried another one and got it to work manually.

Now I have a second situation is that I am using a applescript to start the video recording as soon as a drive is mounted to the mac mini. after the recording the script should save to the flash drive, which it is, but the right export settings are not being applied.

Do you know how to create export settings for qt 7 in applescript?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.