Mail problem Blueberry iBook & Outlook Express

Reaction score
Please help.
Cannot get or send mail from AOL account.
OS 9.1, Outlook Express 5.02
I can get on the Internet.
I've tried following the set-up directions on the AOL Help page, including filling in the Advanced Settings.
When I try to send or receive mail an error message pops up that says, "You are not logged in".
Thanks for any help.
Larry

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
As far as I am aware, AOL's mail has never been compatible with OE 5.

OP
L
Reaction score
As far as I am aware, AOL's mail has never been compatible with OE 5.

Thank you for the reply:)

Well! No wonder I cannot get OE5 to work with AOL!

The Blueberry 9.1 OS can't work directly with AOL's mail, so I need a mail app for the computer. I already had OE5. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

Best

C

chas_m

Any suggestions? :)

You probably wouldn't like my suggestions, which involve this century, so I'll keep my mouth shut and wish you the best of luck!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The only suggestion I have related to AOL you won't like either - and the one I have been making since about 1997 or so - get rid of AOL and get yourself another email provider. Although, I have no idea who's service is going to work on that machine. Hotmail - maybe???

OP
L
Reaction score
Any suggestions? :)

You probably wouldn't like my suggestions, which involve this century, so I'll keep my mouth shut and wish you the best of luck!

I just like to tinker with the old iBook and was trying to get it working with what was already on the machine. Your suggestion is well taken: I do have a MBP.

OP
L
Reaction score
The only suggestion I have related to AOL you won't like either - and the one I have been making since about 1997 or so - get rid of AOL and get yourself another email provider. Although, I have no idea who's service is going to work on that machine. Hotmail - maybe???

Yes! I agree with your thoughts re AOL.
I tried using my dormant AOL email account since others didn't work. I ran out of ideas and had hoped someone here might have a "quick/easy" solution aid in my iBook tinkering. It's a sturdy little laptop: everything still works...even a few minutes of its original battery.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.