Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Tie your laces in a bow.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
and what does it mean? xD i mean give me code if you don't mind.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Way is THAT problem? What are you trying to do?

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
Way is THAT problem? What are you trying to do?

As you can see in the video,i'm trying to make a menu item that opens a window with instructions of how to use the program but when i close the form/windows of the instructions and try to re-press the menu item it sends me to that Xcode page

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
We can't help if we don't know what the error message is and what code you're using to open the window.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
As you can see in the video...

I watched the video multiple times...and I had no exact idea what you were trying to do.

Including the video is a great idea...but you need to include a written description as well.

- Nick

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
We can't help if we don't know what the error message is and what code you're using to open the window.

I can give you more resolution,but giving you my code is impossible :D it's personal as one of my passwords,BTW it wasn't code it was matching. I matched "how to use ChatterBox" with that form/window-which has numbers and words-to show it(it = the same form/window that i've matched with "how to use ChatterBox". But when i closed it and pressed on that top bar to open that Windows/form-which has numbers and words-it drove me to Xcode instead of letting me to choose from the top bar.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
I watched the video multiple times...and I had no exact idea what you were trying to do.

Including the video is a great idea...but you need to include a written description as well.

- Nick

I explained multi-times xD was the video clean? I mean if you didn't get the texts i can re-capture it with a higher resolution.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
Tie your laces in a bow.

You seem have understood what is the message behind that video xD but i don't understand you,can you give me a code or something to write to fix this problem?

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)

Also it isn't error message.The program just send me to xcode

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also it isn't error message.The program just send me to xcode

It *IS* an error message. It's called running Xcode in debug mode and having it go to the line of a code when a problem is detected. In this case, if you look at where you ended up in XCode (albiet assembly code), you see the BAD_ACCESS exception.

You need to look at the stack trace to figure out what functions were being executed and trace your way back step by step to find the culprit code/function/variable/argument/whatever..

Not sure where or what chatterbox is and how you got that code or if you wrote it yourself, but the problem is there..

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
It *IS* an error message. It's called running Xcode in debug mode and having it go to the line of a code when a problem is detected. In this case, if you look at where you ended up in XCode (albiet assembly code), you see the BAD_ACCESS exception.

You need to look at the stack trace to figure out what functions were being executed and trace your way back step by step to find the culprit code/function/variable/argument/whatever..

Not sure where or what chatterbox is and how you got that code or if you wrote it yourself, but the problem is there..

What code!!!!!! I said it's only matching

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What set of instructions are you following to create this menu structure? Have you read through the Apple Developer information about creating the Main Menu and it's components?

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
What set of instructions are you following to create this menu structure? Have you read through the Apple Developer information about creating the Main Menu and it's components?

No actuall. Look when i use my mac i'll capture you a video

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
You must have written or set something up to trigger the opening of your window. What did you do? You've only shown us what happens, not how you've designed it.

OP
Yodda_Hunter
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (i5)
NVM,guys. the problem has been solved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.