ExifRenamer and Mac OS Lion and successor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookPro, iMac, OS 10.13.6, iPhone 6s iOS 15.1, iPad mini, iOS 9.3.5
I have been using ExifRenamer (<URL>) to rename photos by a two letters prefix (to put them all together in the "photos_2013" folder of the website) followed by a complete date and time stamp of the exact time the photo was taken by the camera taking it, extracted from the EXIF data resource of the photo file. It does not only allow me to order my own photos by date & time but, more importantly, it permits to order multiple rolls taken by separate photographers together, by the date, hour, minute and even seconds the shots were made by the various photographers. Quite handy. ExifRenamer was last updated in 2010, for Mac OS 10.6 (Mountain Lion, which is not Lion).

I want to upgrade to Lion.

Does anyone know if ExifRenamer is Lion-compatible ?

If not, does anyone know replacements ?

The suggested best replacement for my primitive usage ?

TIA

C

chas_m

You seem a little confused.

1. 10.6 is Snow Leopard. Then comes Lion (10.7) and then Mountain Lion (10.8).
2. Lion is no longer available. You want to upgrade to Mountain Lion.
3. The program appears to run in Mountain Lion, and will therefore run in Lion.
4. Look at AnalogEXIF as an alternate if you still need one.

I have to point out that iPhoto (and I would imagine both Aperture and Lightroom) can do what you want automatically; they group photos into events by EXIF timestamp regardless of who took the pictures.

OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You seem a little confused.
Yes, I was :Confused:. Thanks. I will now upgrade (to Lion) in my Apple store (in the Genius bar, they can help doing the upgrade to Lion). :):)

OP
michelangelo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I did the upgrade last week-end and ExifRenamer worked as chase_m had hinted. Thks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.