Problem Uploading Photos to my website

Reaction score
Hello,

I am using a MAC (OS X 10.7.5) and safari web browser (6.0.5). I cannot upload photos to my website. Every time I try by selecting the upload photo button the computer appears as if it is uploading the image (.jpeg format and all less then 300 kb) but it never saves it to the website. My web designer is using a PC and has no problem uploading photos.

Is there something on macs that blocks the upload of images? Please help because we have a ton of photos that need uploading onto the site.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No, there is nothing on your Mac that blocks photos from being uploaded. How about telling us first where the photos are located on your Mac? Are they in your iPhoto library?

In the meantime watch the following YouTube video which may offer some help on how to upload your photos. LINK

OP
M
Reaction score
No, there is nothing on your Mac that blocks photos from being uploaded. How about telling us first where the photos are located on your Mac? Are they in your iPhoto library?

In the meantime watch the following YouTube video which may offer some help on how to upload your photos. LINK

I have tried uploading both from my iphoto library and also on my desktop after creating a folder - but no joy! I will try the you tube link to see if that helps

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome?

As chscag noted, nothing inherent to the operating system will prevent this. Browser limitations however could very well be the cause. Try using a different one and if possible, the same one that the other user is (which is any except for IE which is not available for OS X).

OP
M
Reaction score
Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome?

As chscag noted, nothing inherent to the operating system will prevent this. Browser limitations however could very well be the cause. Try using a different one and if possible, the same one that the other user is (which is any except for IE which is not available for OS X).

I will give that a go next
The link to youtube was showing me exactly what I was doing anyway so it isnt that

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What website are you using? What browser is the designer using?

C

chas_m

Have you tried using the usual method people use to upload photos to websites: FTP?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.