Changing the size of Firefox scrollbars on an iMac?

Reaction score
I've found plenty of tutorials on how to change this on a PC, but none on a Mac. I can't find any add-ons either. I have found a few code tweaks in Google Chrome, but I'm not currently using it and am not code-savvy.

Just wondered if anyone knows of an easy way to change the width of Firefox scrollbars? They're so small when you're using a 27" monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I can't help with your specific question but why not just use your trackpad/mouse to scroll?

OP
AJP24
Reaction score
I'm asking for an older family member, who does not have a trackpad and for some reason prefers to manually drag the page down rather than use the scrollbar. So I'm just trying to find out on her behalf. :Blushing:

Reaction score
They can use the arrow keys and/or page up/down keys.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Version 23 just came out and has new Scroll Bars. I and a few others do not like 23 due to removal of the options to turn off things like Java should one want to, but the scroll bars in the OSX version are much wider from my limited use of it.

It's only the OSX version I am told by Mozilla that has the new bars. Try it. It might be better for your older family member.

OP
AJP24
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, guys. She has the most current version (10.8.4) but I'll rely this info and see if she can't adapt to using the scroll wheel and/or Up & Down buttons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.