My mac keeps freezing after l put it in sleep

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Air 2011 Mac OS Maverick 10.9.3
Lately l have had a problem with my mac when l open the mac again after having closed it. Most of the time it freezes and l have to restart it to make it work. Anybody who knows what this might come of?
l have never had the problem before in the almost 2 years l have had the mac. Maybe once or twice, but l cannot remember having done it at all before.
But the last week or so it occurs more often than not, or at least so it seems.
Anybody else who had experienced this? Any idea what it might come of?
The last two apps that l have installed before this happened is Rinse and Gamepad Companion. Although l have had Rinse a while before l started getting this problem. But Gamepad Companion l installed right before or right after. Neither of them are almost never running though.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Boot to your Recovery Partition: Hold down command + r keys as soon as you hear the bong sound and keep holding them until the machine goes into recovery. Once in recovery, select Utilities, Disk Utility. Verify the hard drive. Let's see if there are any errors. (I'm assuming you're referring to the 2011 MacBook Air listed in your specs.)

C

chas_m

What happens if you quit ALL programs (ie nothing but Finder running) before putting the machine to sleep?

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Macbook Air 2011 Mac OS Maverick 10.9.3
I tried what you suggested chscag, but it didnt find any problems. But it was 2 or 3 disks to choose from in the menu, even though l only have one and l wasnt sure which one to choose.

However, it hasnt been like that for at least a week or two now. l think maybe it disappeared after an upgrade. So hopefully it wont come back :)
Thanks for the help, chas_m and chscag

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I had a similar issue, after my MBP was asleep for more than a hour, it would take up to 3 mins to wake, white translucent screen with a progress bar, took it to Apple and they stress tested it overnight and gave it back to me AOK. I got home and the problem still occurred, and i fixed the problem by installing a 256GB SSD in the Optical Drive bay with a Data Doubler.
Im just saying this, because i think even Apple get it wrong sometimes. I even went shopping for a couple of hour when at the Store and do you think i could replicate the problem ?? Nah but soon as i got home it did exactly the same thing.
Now with a SSD i havnt looked back, and now i have a 750GB HD as my Media Storage

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.