Need to restore Mac Book Pro before returning

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP with SSD, i7 Quad Core Processor
Hi,
Am returning my new Mac Book Pro Retina with SSD, before purchasing at a friendlier location. Love the computer, just not the people I've had to deal with. How do I do a complete wipe of the computer to remove all my contacts and installed software? This is not my "first dance". Have had computers since the 2 Steves built the first Apple, even put together a couple of my own and can program in basic."You used to have to to get software!"
But there is no actual manual, and though I can and have returned other computers and iPads to factory software and specs, I just don't see how to do it with this Mac Book Pro.
Help please!
Unkei

OP
Doc Holliday
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP with SSD, i7 Quad Core Processor
Hi bobtomay,
I checked the link out and will try the directions given tomorrow. I love my Mac Book Pro 15" Retina, but the folks at Best Buy are difficult to work with. As soon as I have my personal info off the computer, I will return it to them and purchase same model at Apple Store. Thanks for the help.
Unkei

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If this is a new computer - you have AppleCare - there is no reason to go to BestBuy just because you bought it there - go to Apple.

Can't think of any good reason to be going back to BB just because you bought it there unless you are having issues with it and paid for some BB warranty rather than using the AppleCare warranty that comes with every new Mac if it was purchased through an authorized reseller.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.