Networking Mac & PC

Reaction score
I am running a vacuum chamber off a newer-model Mac desktop. I am also running a mass spectrometer from a Windows laptop. I am running LabVIEW on both to control the systems and analyze the data. I need to get the data from the PC onto the Mac in real-time. For instance, as the PC measures the change in pressure within the unit, I need those numbers to be immediately available to the Mac so that it can automatically make changes to my program. Anyone have any ideas? I'm not the best at explaining myself, if anyone needs clarification on anything just ask. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
You can network the two machines together directly, but preferably through router to manage the traffic.

But that's the easy bit.

When you say you want the data to flow from the PC to Mac . . .in what format? What's the PC outputting? Is it writing to a file? streaming via a web server etc.

Your issue is going to be getting the two software ends to talk to one another. The hardware networking is pretty straightforward

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.