Personal File Sharing keeps un-checking itself...

B

bkpr

Hey.

Whenever I SHUT DOWN either of my two macs, the Personal File Sharing checkbox un-checks itself. This doesn't occur when the computers are put to sleep. Any idea why? It's driving me crazy!
I'm running a G4 Dual 1GHz machine, and a G3 iBook 500MHz. Both are running Panther 10.3.1, but this issue has been present throughout my OSX honeymoon. I've just set up a wireless network at home using Airport (not extreme) and previously used (or tried) both straight and cross-over cables to connect my macs with the same issue.
That's it I think...

oh.. and another thing: The dual G4s at home AND at work don't want to recognise my iPod anymore (2nd generation 20GB). All other macs running Panther do, the Dual G4s have just stopped recently. Do these machines have crappy FireWire connectors? I've tested on G4 400 (x2), G4 867, G5 dual 2GHz, iBook 500 and 800 and al worked. weird...

Thanks in advance,
bkpr

OP
B

bkpr

...I mean the file sharing stuff in System Prefs > Sharing > Services (forgot to put that in the original post)

Thanks again
bkpr

OP
S

StarManta

Apple probably needs to see this post.... more than likely there is actually a good reason it was getting unchecked, knowing mac os. *shrug*

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.