Presonus Audiobox USB Audio Interface Problem - Please Help

Reaction score
I'm new to recording and have got a very basic home recording studio set up. I have my guitar and bass playing (obviously) guitar and bass and then a keyboard i use for drums. Have not purchased mics yet. I have those going into a 6 channel Peavey Mixer. The left and right main outs go into the 2 inputs of the audiobox and the control room left and right go to 2 guitar amplifiers i'm using as temporary monitors until i get actual studio monitors. From there the audiobox goes into the usb port on my macbook. Now the problem: When I select the audio interface as the audio input setting, it says "no input controls". But then when i got and play something, garage band tracks the signal. it shows the sound levels go up and down (i don't know the technical term). but when i go to play it back nothing happens. I have the built in computer speaker selected as the audio output. Now to whoever cared enough to read this far, thank you very much. I know this is a long message, but I have been troubleshooting constantly for days and am totally lost as to what might be causing the problem. so i thought it'd be best to describe in detail my whole setup so y'all would know the whole situation. thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.