Mac App Store search term, I didn't enter!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
This is odd and I'm not quite sure where to post this. Has anyone noticed a search term they did not enter into the search box in the MAS?? I was looking for an app I downloaded a long time ago in the Purchases tab and when I went back up to search for another app I saw in the search box "mtv networks." I do not watch MTV and would have no reason to search for it. My laptop is always at home, I am always at home due to physical disabilities and nobody in my house watches MTV or would have a reason to search for it. I live with my 57 and 60 year old parents.

Screen Shot 2013-07-30 at 1.33.17 AM.png

C

chas_m

Relax. This is called "auto-suggest."

As you can see in the picture below, when I typed "mt" into the search panel I too got "mtv networks" as the first suggestion, even though I have never done anything even remotely related to MTV on my Mac.

Someone (you or your parents) started typing in a word, probably made a typing error and pressed return, accidentally choosing "mtv networks" as a new "last search term, which remain there until you clear it and do a new search.

MAS-autosuggest.jpg

OP
xdunlapx
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cMBP 13" mid-2012, 2.9 ghz i7, 8gb ram, 256 gb SSD,
As far as I know I hadn't touched the search box. But ok. Thank you. I had no idea MAS had a search suggestion feature.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.