Left and Right arrow keys are not working

Reaction score
Hey,

I own a 2010 iMac with mountain lion installed. For some reason the left and right arrow keys stopped working on my keyboard. I tried reformatting my computer, and it still didn't work after I tried reformatting it. Any suggestion on how I can solve this?Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Spill anything on the keyboard? And, which keyboard do you have, wired or wireless?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Assuming the batteries are fresh and supplying a full charge, try resetting the SMC on your iMac. It's easy to do.... shut it down, pull the plug from the AC mains, let it set for around 5 to 10 minutes. Then plug it back in and restart. Let's see if that helps.

OP
E
Reaction score
Assuming the batteries are fresh and supplying a full charge, try resetting the SMC on your iMac. It's easy to do.... shut it down, pull the plug from the AC mains, let it set for around 5 to 10 minutes. Then plug it back in and restart. Let's see if that helps.

What do you mean by resetting the SMC on my iMac. You want me to pull the Power cord from the back of my iMac?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Read my post. Shut it down, pull the plug, let it set for 5 to 10 minutes, then plug it back in and restart. Also, if you have another keyboard handy to try that will help.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No other ideas except to try another keyboard with your iMac. I keep a wired keyboard handy at all times along with my BT keyboard for my iMac. You could just have a set of worn out keys or the KB itself is failing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.