can i Disable > Right Click Disable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Is there an APP to enable this ?, or anything else that can do this.

It is with good and honest intentions that i am asking this.

Is it at all possible to Re-Enable Right Click and Save As when it has been disabled ?, it is EASY to do this on a Windows computer, and i dont think i can do it on my Apple !!!, this Windows fella is winding me up something wicked LOL. and i hate him for it LOL.

BTW. it is Saving Photos and Videos i am talking about.

Is there an APP for it ???

Tim

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Tim - don't believe that you mentioned which OS X version you are using which is important - please review this ARTICLE (and to the very end) - the 'Option' key w/ the most recent OS X versions can bring up the 'Save As' choice but the behavior seems a little tricky to grasp? I'm a recent Apple switcher so miss the easy to understand Windows 'Save As' - I've been using the 'Duplicate' option myself - BUT hopefully others may 'chime in' to help & Apple may resolve this issue to all's satisfaction - ;) Dave

C

chas_m

I'm not sure I understand your question or what you want to do, but if you are in one of the (very few) apps that don't offer a Save As, holding the option key while selecting the file menu gives you the Save As option.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi Tim - don't believe that you mentioned which OS X version you are using which is important - please review this ARTICLE (and to the very end) - the 'Option' key w/ the most recent OS X versions can bring up the 'Save As' choice but the behavior seems a little tricky to grasp? I'm a recent Apple switcher so miss the easy to understand Windows 'Save As' - I've been using the 'Duplicate' option myself - BUT hopefully others may 'chime in' to help & Apple may resolve this issue to all's satisfaction - ;) Dave

Thank you so much Dave for trying to help, i am using the latest Mountain Lion 10.8.4, however i perhaps gave you the wrong information or you perhaps interpreted it incorrectly LOL.

I have certainly read that article, but it looks as if that refers to Files that me the User has created has created.

I am referring to Web Sites that protect there "work" by disabling Right Click and Save, so that people CANNOT make money out of there "work", it is probably a little bit of Java Script in the middle of the HTML that goes up to make the Page content.

Windows users are able to do various things to effectively DISABLE this protection, so why cant I ? :(

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
I'm not sure I understand your question or what you want to do, but if you are in one of the (very few) apps that don't offer a Save As, holding the option key while selecting the file menu gives you the Save As option.

Hi Chas_m thank you for replying, i spent so long typing my reply above that we overlapped a little LOL.

Hopefully i have made it a little clearer with my reply to RadDave ????

Of course i could always install Windows using Boot Camp LOL.

So perhaps if at the outset i had mentioned Web Page Protection this post would have been Black Flagged LOL

Tim

C

chas_m

Yes, that made it clearer, thanks very much for that.

Given that what you are trying to do could be illegal, and this site obeys US law, I'm afraid I can't help with this particular problem.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Yes, that made it clearer, thanks very much for that.

Given that what you are trying to do could be illegal, and this site obeys US law, I'm afraid I can't help with this particular problem.

OK chas_m i fully understand, i thought it might end up like that, no worries, thanks for your help chaps.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.