right click

Reaction score
I am trying to get the secondary click to work using preferences. When I check the secondary click box, and ask for the left corner option, I get two screens and no right click feature. I thought maybe this was due to the fact that I set hot corners. I thought I had confused the little dear with mixed messages. So I went into the hot corners set up and removed the command for the lower left click by replacing it with a "-" But alas, this did not fix the problem.

I am out of guesses. Your thoughts?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

You are using the Magic Mouse I'm guessing? Try BetterTouchTool to configure your mouse and you will get a lot more options than are available in the Sytem Preferences..

OP
J
Reaction score
right click on trackpad

Thank you for you speedy replies. I am not using a magic mouse. I do not prefer to use a mouse. I am trying to program my track pad.

OP
J
Reaction score
I would love to use this but it is not working:( That is why I tried to some of the above solutions. When I choose the default, and do the two finger tap it causes two windows to pop up and does not give me the right click.

C

chas_m

Just so we're clear, a "tap" is not the same as a click. Your trackpad has the ability to be pressed down enough to click, but a tap is exactly that -- placing the finger(s) on the pad momentarily, not clicking.

Is that what you are doing?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying that definition:) I tried both. Neither causes the desired result. When I two finger tap nothing happens. When I two finger click all windows close except two which become the same size and centrally located. Two windows when I have preferences open. If I do not have preferences open, I get one window. So interesting... I have a Mac Book Pro with Lion 10.7.5.

C

chas_m

Maybe you could provide us with a screenshot of your Trackpad preferences and we can see how they are set. Check to make sure you have NOT already got something like Better Touch or Magic Prefs already in stalled (they would appear in your system preferences under "Other"

Reaction score
Sounds like 2 finger click is set up as Mission Control.

C

chas_m

He definitely has his trackpad set up differently than the default, no question about it.

C

chas_m

You'll need to compose your message, then click on the "Go Advanced" option you see below your text-entry box to attach photos directly to your message.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I believe cradom is right. The same action for the trackpad is set for more than one thing.

What version of OSX is this? is this an Apple Trackpad?

Go into System Preferences and Mission Control. Check your settings there for the trackpad. Here is a pic of mine.

Screen Shot 2013-08-03 at 10.38.57 AM.png

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
cradom knows his stuff and gave me the idea! Glad you got it sorted!

OP
J
Reaction score
The problem was in the Mission Control settings as Cradon and Chase said earlier. Travis showed me a photo of what the Mission Control section looked like on his computer. Happy Apples! The right click is now working! Thanks for sticking with me everyone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.