Does my powerbook have a motion sensor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have a powerbook 15 inch. 1.5 ghz model.
Does it hae a motion sensor and if it does how do i get it to work for things other then just droping, If i want information to be used as a level for example with this cool widget i found on apple.com

Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
I have a powerbook 15 inch. 1.5 ghz model.
Does it hae a motion sensor and if it does how do i get it to work for things other then just droping, If i want information to be used as a level for example with this cool widget i found on apple.com

I don't know if your pb has the sudden motion sensor, but why don't you just try the level widget? I just gave it a go on my 12" pb and it works, or are you saying you've tried it and it doesn't work?

I found the widget here on the original authors website and you have to use different versions for the new hi-res pbs and the older ones, did you get the right one?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I always like mactracker.ca for detailed info on older mac models...
Whilst it doesn't explicitly mention the sms, If yours was the earlier model (came as a 1,33/1,5 Ghz model) without the scrolling trackpad as standard, it doesn't have this feature.

If yours was the later version (offered in 1,5/1,67GHz flavors) with stock scrolling trackpad, then it also has the sudden motion sensor.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.