Transmission

Reaction score
Is there anyway to speed up Transmission when downloading torrents? Mine are going very slow for a cable internet connection. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Torrent download can be slow due to couple of reason. If you are using Azureus you should be able to change the Max. Upload & Download speeds (Change the configuration settings).

A particular torrent can also be slow due to bandwidth restrictions set by the seeder. More seeders you have better speed you get.

Another reason can be your Download/Upload ratio. Certain torernt networks encourage you to share more if you want to get more speed. That means, if you allow others to upload from you more than what download from them you get a >1 (heathy ratio). So you get higher priority when it comes to downloading.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you are behind a router your ports could be blocked

B

Berman

my torrent downloads were going slow as **** with bittorrent. then i switched to azareus and i went from 10k/s to 200k/s+.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.