Annoying Issue With Itunes

Reaction score
Basically, I just put my new cd on my mac and ripped it to my itunes and each song has its own individual album.

I searched the forum and tried to tick the "part of compilation" thing but that still didnt work

The album is "Marbella Sessions 2013" so because it has various artists, maybe thats the problem? i dont know :(

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac (Mid 2011), 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB RAM, 2GB Video Card, 2TB HDD
Try selecting all of the songs then right click (ctrl click) on them and select "get info".

Type the name of the album in the appropriate field and under artist, just type "various artists" or whatever you feel is appropriate. When finished, click ok.

This should force iTunes to group all of the tracks to the same album.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
While you are performing a Get Info and entering the information on all the tracks there is one more trick that often clears these kinds of errors. Go to the Sorting tab and enter the appropriate information in the Sort Album and Sort Album Artist field.

Those fields can clean up a variety of annoyances.

OP
C
Reaction score
While you are performing a Get Info and entering the information on all the tracks there is one more trick that often clears these kinds of errors. Go to the Sorting tab and enter the appropriate information in the Sort Album and Sort Album Artist field.

Those fields can clean up a variety of annoyances.

Absolute genius, worked like a charm! Thankyou so much

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I read that somewhere on the Net earlier in the summer. I have worked on major problems with my Library three or four times this Summer. Each time I got part way through a fix and would mess something up.That little ti cleared up a sorting issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.