Simple AppleScript for mail

Reaction score
Copy multiple mails in mail.app

Dear experts,

This is a topic for those with a good brain... My problem is very long and very hard to solve so i'm going to try to explain it to you guys. So as you noticed in the subject it's about copying multiple mails to a memory stick. But i currently have the problem that it's always getting back to the mail map instead of the USB. I've tried to search in the library and that is the best solution until now! But here is the hard part of my problem... I work with Gmail maps so the library won't find the e-mail(boxes/maps). Another solution that i found is wich that you save the mails as an .rtf file. But i don't won't them(the e-mails) to be in one file
Sfb7BgX.png

. But each e-mail in separate files
qp2UReK.png
Or if it's possible to just separate them without the .eml? So guys i think you have a huge problem let's start thinking!

Thanks anyway!

Greets

Josip

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What format do you want them in if not .eml?
What's the end purpose of putting them on a memory stick?

OP
J
Reaction score
It is for the document who are closed and I put the e-mails in there with de document of a certain file. So when I do need them (i've they are back open) I need to see the e-mails. But it doesn't matter in what format just don't like in the first picture.

Thanks for helping me.

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi people,

What I need is an AppleScript for certain mails. Let me explain it to you... In my previous thread I thought that AppleScript may help me and I went searching on google. But I didn't really find something that could help me so I need your help guys... (Again ;) )If you read the previous thread you should probably know what the problem is. I was thinking if somebody could make/find a script that would do what I want...

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I don't think the explanation in the first thread is at all clear, what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Reaction score
Sounds like he wants to archive the emails and the attachments to the USB stick but as individual files, not as one big archive, and not as .eml files...maybe something readable in Textedit etc.

OP
J
Reaction score
Yes that's it! But them can stay in .eml if it's an option?
But i don't really know much about a script so I don't Know what I have to use :s

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have a look at Email Archiver It's not free but sounds like it would do what you need. Assuming you don't mind that the emails are stored as pdfs. I think this might also do the job but can't tell for sure from the description. It does have a free demo so you could test it first.

Not much of a scripture either. I suspect you could do it by scripting but it would be a bit time consuming to work out unless you can find someone to build it.

OP
J
Reaction score
It's a great app! Thanks! But i need a way to find the folder in the library(or something) because the e-mails are from Gmail remember?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Unless I missed something Mail Archiver X seems to provide that option. I am not sure whether it archives into individual files (e-mails).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.