printer driver choice during Bonjour install

Reaction score
Printer operating fine on iMac and is shared to my network. Bonjour installed in networked Windows 8 computer. When I try to install printer in Bonjour the correct driver does not show up. I download the correct printer driver for Windows 8 and store it on desktop. I tell Bonjour I have disk and browse to the driver on the desktop....NOW the problem:
Bonjour is looking for a .inf file and searching the downloaded driver files I cannot find one that Bonjour will accept.
What do I need to do to get the printer installed correctly? Trying incorrect drivers found within Bonjour only generate blank pages.

Reaction score
Was that driver you downloaded a zip file? Did you un-zip it?
Might even have to install it.

OP
O
Reaction score
Driver in Bonjour

Unzipped, opened file, opened all folders in the file...cannot find a file of the type Bonjour seeks.
I have tried installing the driver in windows outside of the Bonjour environment and that would work fine if I wanted to plug the printer into the Windows machine...but, the printer is connected to the Mac and needs to be operated through the network.
I had some luck with another printer when I installed a driver similar to the one I needed and then did a driver update after the install for the exact printer I have.. Howver this second printer doesn't give me that opportunity.

Reaction score
I have normally seen .inf files on cd's with drivers. Possibly they don't put them in downloaded drivers.
If you have the original cd for the printer it might have a driver install for windows that works and then can be updated by the download?
Most printers I've bought have a hybrid disc with both OS's drivers on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.