repair job

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
hello I am thinking of buying an iPad2 which has a home button that does not work can it be repaired,if not does it really matter as you can bypass!!!!

C

chas_m

Why on earth would you buy an iPad that is going to be frustrating and difficult to repair that particular function?

OP
bluecheer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
Cheers 'slydude' seems straightforward and easy to use not a lot trouble to do for an iPad,thanks for your help.
Not at all difficult Chas_m and a lot cheaper than repairing at a cost of about $250.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
You're welcome. I might have had an ulterior motive though. I haave a first ten iPad and budget constraints will likely force me to keep it going as long as possible.

If you get a chance it might be a good idea to ask the seller if yoyo can try using it with those gestures. I'm pretty sure it will work but it has been my experience that you never know how annoying a work around is until you use it. It's kinda like keyboard shortcuts on a Mac some people love them and some hate them.

OP
bluecheer
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 "MacBookPro (2011).
iPad2

I have been in touch with seller and yes that option does work on the iPad.
thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
You can add a virtual home button to the iPad or you can use iFixit.com to install a new home button.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.