ipod

Reaction score
I forgot about my ipod for months, and today I plugged it into the computer to empty its memory because I used it as a memory storage for photos and videos last year. It says its 15.8 GB full which is true. But i didnt find any photos or videos inside the USER folder, only a folder called RECYCLER . I am afraid that I might have lost all the data ! I copied it onto an external harddisc hoping the photos will appear, but nothing still..it took 20 minutes for the 15.8 gega to be copied..but still ..NOTHING ! What is RECYCLER? and can I have my photos or they were deleted forever?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
"Recycler" is the "Trash" or Recycle Bin for NTFS formatted drives. It's a hidden system folder that is locked. I have no idea what you did in order for that folder to show up on your iPod except maybe at one time you connected it to a Windows computer?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.