Problems with iCloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Syncing calendars results in duplicate entries. The original source of my calendar is my iMac which has Snow Leopard OS so not compatible with iCloud.

I have a 3GS iPhone from which I sync my calendar. My wife's iMac has Lion and she has a mini iPad.

So that we can share our calendars I have linked her iMac & iPad to my iCloud account.

The only way to ensure that the calendar on my iMac updates the one on my iPhone is to turn off 'sync' to iCloud in iPhone settings and set info in iTunes on my iMac to sync calendars.

I then have to reverse the process. Merging my iPhone's calendar with the one on iCloud then duplicates everything.

C

chas_m

Two things:

1. Why not update your iMac to Lion or later to eliminate the hassle of not being compatible with iCloud?

2. Your fourth paragraph identifies the problem. You are mixing between iTunes sync and iCloud sync. Don't mix -- pick one.

This will be a lot easier if everyone is using iCloud, so I'd suggest as a first step move to Lion or later on your machine.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I have been partially put off by the differences; in particular Favorites in Snow Leopard is under my control. To provide similar shortcuts in Lion I had to create a 'Favourites' (sic).

Anyway I think you're right and I should upgrade to Lion after backing up!

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks chas_m problem solved. Mountain Lion took hours to download but works fine as does iCloud. I note that Favorites from Snow Leopard is now a separate folder in a section called Favorites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.