Trackpad nearly dead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini @ 1.5Ghz, 1GB ram, 12.1" ibook 1.33Ghz 1GB ram
well i have had my ibook for 4 days now and half of my trackpad is completly dead and the other half only works when it wants to, what the **** is going on? is this a common problem with ibooks? can i just send it back and get a replacement? has anyone else had this problem or know any solutions to it, please help!

J

jn4jenny

You need to call Apple pronto. You can generally get a replacement within the first seven days, but after that they'll only offer to fix it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
^bump^ no one else have any ideas for a possible fix :-( i REALLY dont want to have to send it back to apple

R

radarbob

Make sure your trackpad is clean. It's sensitive to wet and/or greasy fingers, and a little invisible dirt, grease, whatever can make the trackpad squirrelly.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well it was well and truly screwed, so i phoned up apple today and they now have a brand new ibook on its way as i speak!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
You have 90 days of phone support and a year of technical support, if anything goes wrong, even the stupidest thing. Call apple, there is a reason why they have that support. My keyboard/trackpad died about 36 hours after I got my powerbook in May. The first sign of something going wrong, I called apple and had my powerbook back from being fixed in 5 days.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well hats off to apple, they have got me a new ibook sitting here today, and the courrier hasn't even come to pick up the broken one yet!!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.