Entourage Driving Me CRAZY!! 98% CPU Usage! Lockups! HELP!

Reaction score
Ok, I am about sick and tired of trying to open an incoming e-mail and being treated to that spinning beach ball. It now takes an average if 3 minutes before I can open an e-mail. Takes the same amount of time to send.... and all the while that little beach ball is taunting me. This HAS to be an Entourage problem. I looked in Activity Monitor and it said "Not Responding" and using 98% of the CPU. I can't use mail because I have a sub-account on the same mail server and if I try to use both I get constant duplicates in my e-mail. So I use Mail for one account, and Entourage for the other.

PLEASE someone tell me how to fix this piece of garbage app!!

(The rest of my PB is awesome by the way).

Reaction score
Try rebuilding the database, hold down option when starting entourage. Also, try moving some of your mail to a seperate folder other than the in box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
This is most certainly not normal, since my Entourage using an EXCHANGE server complete with a calendar and stuff runs quickly. Have you tried repairing disk permissions or even reinstalling Office?

OP
S
Reaction score
Discerptor said:
This is most certainly not normal, since my Entourage using an EXCHANGE server complete with a calendar and stuff runs quickly. Have you tried repairing disk permissions or even reinstalling Office?

I tried rebuilding the database and then compacting it. I also changed the view from preview on the side to preview on the bottom. There was also a huge delay when messages were received. I sent an e-mail at 5:37pm last night (before trying this stuff) and it wasnt received until around midnight.

I am using POP. Today it doesn't seem to be acting up much. I wonder if there is a problem linking to roadrunner's smtp???? Strange.

Reaction score
Scroatdog said:
I wonder if there is a problem linking to roadrunner's smtp???? Strange.

Possible....they were doing maintenance here last week and we couldn't get mail for a while. Check the network status at the RR site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.