Mac goes to sleep, WEIRD CIRCUMSTANCES

Reaction score
Okay, so I've never heard of this before.

I have a 2006 Macbook (White one) that the backlight is dead on and the battery is dead. Nice thing is that I was able to hook up a cable to project the screen on a monitor and I can just plug the charger in to turn it on. I don't use the laptop, just kind of cool to have it working "sort of".

I also currently have a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro (still running Snow Leopard) that is working well, except for the battery that is old and worn out (Still holds a charge, only lasts for 3-5 hours max).

Now, if I have the White Macbook unplugged (So it's off because of the battery) and I put my Macbook Pro on top of it while the screen is open and I'm logged in, the Macbook Pro goes to sleep and I can't get it to turn on. If I force shut it down by holding the power button and turn it on it will go on and after 20-ish seconds it will go to sleep permanently again.

If I take the Macbook Pro OFF the top of the White Macbook it immediately wakes up. I have no idea why this is happening, and I was wondering if anybody else knows what's going on?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, I remember that thread Sly.... You're really living up to those Stars on your shoulders! ;)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
LOL, I remember that thread Sly.... You're really living up to those Stars on your shoulders! ;)

Maybe the badge comes with some kind of memory implant chip. All I had to do was remember seeing it. Nick did the heavy lifting.

I'm just amazed I was able to get the search engine to find the right thing without going through a million threads. That thing usually hates me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.