2 button mouse

S

Slinky

I was tinking of buying a Mighty Mouse for quite sometime becoz u can perform right click using it. However, i still feels that its really expensive for a mouse and i'm tinking of other alternatives. I was tinking if right click will work on 2 button mouse of other brands or will it only work for Mighty Mouse?

Reaction score
Any 2-button USB mouse will work. Microsoft makes a really nice wireless laser notebook mouse that has 3 buttons and a scroll wheel, might want to give that a look.

OP
S

Slinky

oic.. tats great.. thanks. I dun tink i'm gonna get a wireless mouse because i heard u have to replace the batts regularly.. i'm better off with a USB mouse.. haha :headphone Anyway, is there any nice USB mouse to recommend? I dun want those small laptop mouse, I would prefer a normal size one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Any old mouse with a USB connection should work...
If it is a multi-button mouse, you can get USBOverdriveX to map the extra buttons (if it doesn't come with OS X drivers).

OP
B

Badger

Logitech makes several models that are both functional and inexpensive. The USB Optical Mouse has 2 buttons and a scroll wheel and sells for less than $20 CAN.

OP
L

Left Face Down

Slinky said:
oic.. tats great.. thanks. I dun tink i'm gonna get a wireless mouse because i heard u have to replace the batts regularly.. i'm better off with a USB mouse.. haha :headphone Anyway, is there any nice USB mouse to recommend? I dun want those small laptop mouse, I would prefer a normal size one.

With heavy use, atleast on my cheap one, you had to replace the batteries every half a year or so. My parents have a better model which actually has a life span of pretty much 3/4 of a year. They do have more expensive models, usually $30-50, where you have a charger you put the mouse on and it keeps the batteries charged.

Though, I must say that when teh batteries are getting low the mouse will randomly not work... or start jumping. Which, is just plain annoying. While the ones with rechargable batteries will cost you a little more, they come with a craddle for your mouse to sit in while you're not useing it to ensure you don't have to switch the batteries for years.

OP
S

Slinky

Oic.. at first i was actually tinking of getting the wireless apple mouse. However there are alot of complaints tat the batt runs out pretty fast and it wasn't very accurate and could be a trouble if i'm doing alot of graphic works. The worse part, there's no right click.. haha. Well, i'll be going to the computer mall soon and i'll see wat cheap offers i can find.. haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
if yr looking for a nice high dpi, gaming one.
i'd throw down the 60-70 bucks for the logitech G5

OP
S

Slinky

Hmm.. i dun tink i will need such an expensive mouse as i won't be using it for gaming.. i'm juz gonna use it on my ibook doing graphic work most of the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini DC 1.66, Powerbook G4
The Microsoft intellimouse optical is nice and cheap too, and has a nice smooth transition.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=008

FWIW, I have had 3 cordless mice in the past, and I found that the battery life is useless, duracell and even 2600 Nimh batteries only lasted me about 4 weeks before they needed charging.

You could get one with a charging station, but even then you will need to replace the rechargable batteries eventually as a constant charge means less overall life.

That is why I do not bother with them any more - very annoying when you are in the middle of PS and the mouse jerks and stops everywhere. Even more annoying when you have no batteries to replace the dead ones :rolleyes:

FWIW the battery life in wireless keyboards is very good indeed. I still use my wireless keyboard which is running off the same batteries almost two years down the line.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.