This Website is SO SLOW....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, macOS 10.15.4, iPhone 11 Pro Max, PowerBook G4, iMac G3/4/5
Has anyone else noticed that this forum, along with a large number of Mac information specific sites are extremely slow?

I can go anywhere in the world it seems and get great response time and load time on every site, until I have a Mac specific question or interest and go here, or MacRumors and a host of other Mac specific sites that come up in Google searches for things, I can wait forever and get no progress bar movement in Safari or a perpetual spinning "loading" thing on the tabs in Firefox... I usually have to resort to attempting to Re-Load the site 3 or 4 times before I get a successful load.

I have 40 Mbps internet service and consistently score 36 to 39+ on SpeedTest.net both wired and wireless...

Am I the only one?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Not having any issues. Tried from iPad & iPhone over 3g, iMac on 10mb broadband at home and now on corporate network from XP at work.

No issues to report.

Do you get the same results in Chrome?
What plugins/extensions do you have in Safari & Firefox?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, macOS 10.15.4, iPhone 11 Pro Max, PowerBook G4, iMac G3/4/5
The only extensions I'm running are Flash, Java and QuicckTime...

It's quite frustrating. It also doesn't happen all the time, of course... I wanted to demonstrate the problem to my wife, and wouldn't you know, it works perfectly in all three browsers, but then I get the notification of a reply here to this thread and the link won't load in any of the browsers on the first through 3rd attempts, then on the 4th try, bam! there it is...

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It's probably one of the ad services the sites are running. If you're not running an Ad blocker, like Ad Block Plus, I'd recommend getting one.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I've installed Adblocker in Firefox and Chrome. I'll report my findings!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've installed Adblocker in Firefox and Chrome. I'll report my findings!

Good to hear you're not using Safari. Safari is horribly slow in general (at least for me).

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good to hear you're not using Safari. Safari is horribly slow in general (at least for me).

I actually really like Safari, except for the way it reloads a page when you go back to it. Really annoying when looking at things on eBay or browsing forums... Chrome does the same thing...

So it seems that I'm using Firefox again...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.