Apple Care DISAPPOINTING.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Today I called Apple Care for the first time about my iMac. After I got through to the person on the phone I was taken back how informal his way was. I almost felt I was talking to a high school student who was laughing at my lack of knowledge. There was no professionally and no going through a list of troubleshooting. IT WAS A JOKE TO BE HONEST!!!!!
Then today I find out, at the Apple Store, that the Apple Care phone service is nothing more than people on a calling list that is directed to their phones to their homes. It's really not workers for Apple. It's people at home. I don't know the details but let me tell you IT WAS A JOKE. I am really disappointed. Enough said. PS: I suppose if I had a major problem with my Apple the KID would have told me to bring it into the Apple Store where I would have gotten someone PROFESSIONAL to help me.

Reaction score
Up here in Canada, most pizza orders are routed to someone's home phone. They get paid by the call.

THAT does not make any service unprofessional (i.e. where the call is taken).

What was the issue and why didn't "the kid" resolve it?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Today I called Apple Care for the first time about my iMac. After I got through to the person on the phone I was taken back how informal his way was.

PS: I suppose if I had a major problem with my Apple the KID would have told me to bring it into the Apple Store where I would have gotten someone PROFESSIONAL to help me.

What I'm about to say certainly does not justify any rude treatment you received over the phone.

I don't know what the exact problem is with your iMac...but if you really do live in NYC...there are at least 4 Apple Stores in the Lower Manhattan & Central Park areas. If it were me...I would always choose to go to an Apple Store first vs. telephone support (that's just me). Especially if it's a hardware issue...since you will get a hardware issue solved MUCH faster by going to a local Apple Store.

I know I know. Traveling with an iMac on public transportation is a REAL pain in the butt...and if you drive your car (if you have one...some folks don't in NYC)...then parking is horrendous & expensive.

Still...I would take my computer to the local Apple Store first...things just get solved faster.

Again...there's no justification for rude service over the phone.

- Nick

p.s. Please post the issue here...maybe we can help solve it!:)

OP
MacLover2011
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
He wasn't rude as much as he was not into helping me. The tone of his voice made me think I was not talking to a professional. And I felt I was being kind of laughed at due to my lack of knowledge. I have to say, I never had a tech call like that before. But at least he spoke English which was a BIG THUMBS UP!! I am going to call again just to see if I get it a second time.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
He wasn't rude as much as he was not into helping me. The tone of his voice made me think I was not talking to a professional. And I felt I was being kind of laughed at due to my lack of knowledge. I have to say, I never had a tech call like that before. But at least he spoke English which was a BIG THUMBS UP!! I am going to call again just to see if I get it a second time.

Ok...I guess it could have been worse. But wasn't his condescending tone of voice towards your level of computer knowledge still an example of being rude? If not ok...everyone's definition of rude is different (especially in NYC)!

"NYC Rude" is certainly different than "Springfield, Illinois Rude"!;) lol

Good luck,:)

- Nick

p.s. As I mentioned. You can always post your iMac issue here...and maybe we can help.:)

C

chas_m

Sorry that happened to you. I'll wager that your next experience with Apple Care over the phone will be quite different. I've hardly ever heard anything but praise from people on this forum about phone support (or store support).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac: 5K 27” (2020), 3.3 GHz, 32Gb RAM. iPad2, iPad mini4, iPhone 13 Mini, Apple Watch SE
When I first got my iMac I had need to call Apple Care and found them so professional and helpful it was unreal. Since then I've discovered this site and never had a reason to contact Apple :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I called the help line recently with an issue about the Apple TV 3 that I could not seem to find a direct answer to online. I chose to have them call me back at home. I got the return call literally minutes after I put in the request since I was number one in the queue.

While the tech was somewhat more informal than techs I've dealt with from other companies he was never rude or unprofessional. I have had this happen one or two other times with Apple techs usually while he was waiting for me to complete a step or pull up some information.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I'll go with ugly and keep the $200 US.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.