Apple will buy my old iPad 1 !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.7GHz 21" iMac I5 8GB ram, 1Tb memory , iPad firs gen 64 gig , iPod touch 5 32 gig
I plan on getting a newer model later this year- possibly a mini if they put the A6 chip in it. Brought current one into an apple store for comparison. Just the weight alone next to another 9.7" is great. The sharpness of the picture and speed of opening safari sites( I did an apples to apple comparison) I was planning on giving hubby my old iPad since all he does is occasionally check Facebook, email and some web surfing. He said his Asus laptop was corrupted . It just needed to have the cookies and history cleaned up and windows updated- he shuts his computer down by the power button- if at all- Duh, old fart won't learn.
Anyway, the apple employee said that if I wanted to turn my old one in, based on condition and features (64 g with cellular) they would give me 120.00 app card. not an instant refund- it would take 4-6 weeks after they sent it back to apple. I paid 150.00 for it used. not too shabby and easier than trying to sell on CL or e-bay.
I just thought hubby would like to listen to his music on iTunes when he is killing time waiting for kids to get on the bus( school bus driver) He could read too- he was so shocked he could have all the Sinatra he wanted, I thought he was going to snatch the thing away from me then and there- He could pay me 120.00 in cash towards my new iPad- hey, I'm not Steve Jobs, ya know

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Sweet deal. I've been wanting an new one since I cracked the screen on my old one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
May want to give Best Buy a shot at it also they check it out right there and give you a Rewards Zone Card with the value they deem towards the purchase of what ever you want in the store and thats what I did with my iPad 1 and iPhone 4 towards the purchase of an iPad4 and iPhone 5.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@dwhygienist

Your post was moved here since it has nothing to do with the "Switcher" forum. Please observe our forum descriptions before you post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.