Accessibility difficulties

Reaction score
I have cerebral palsy and like using VoiceOver but I cannot double tap. I'm too slow and it does not register as a double tap. Is there anyway I can fix this or record gesture?

I've tried having someone record it but it only recorded as a single tap.

Let me explain better. I like to do VoiceOver because I can't read well. While VoiceOver is on, you can't do anything (ex. opening apps) without double tapping. The problem is with my motor skills due to my cerebral palsy I cant double tap. With assistive touch, it won't let you record a double tap at all.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I have a couple of questions to help clarify things a bit. Which Mac are you using and which operating system? If we can't do it from the basic software (I think we can) there might be some third party software available.

Also, can you clarify which two configure gesture you are trying to fix. Is it the two quick taps( double-click mouse) or two finger tap (right click)?

OP
J
Reaction score
I have a couple of questions to help clarify things a bit. Which Mac are you using and which operating system? If we can't do it from the basic software (I think we can) there might be some third party software available.

Also, can you clarify which two configure gesture you are trying to fix. Is it the two quick taps( double-click mouse) or two finger tap (right click)?

iPad 4 IOS 6.1.3

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
iPad 4 IOS 6.1.3

I'm glad I asked what hardware you were using. I had not even realized this was in the IOS forum. I haven'y used Voiceover much as I find it a bit distracting though it can be quite useful when needed. Let me do a bit of poking around and see what I can find out.

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.