What is "Wish" and how do I get rid of it?

Reaction score
In my Launchpad, there is an app called "Wish". The icon is just a blue feather, and when I start it, it pulls up a blank console. No one who uses this computer knows what it is or where it came from. It's not in the applications folder nor does it come up in any sort of search. Does anyone use this app, know what it is, or more importantly know how to get rid of it?

The computer is an iMac running OS X 10.7.5 if that helps.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help with this!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
There is an E Commerce application named 'Wish'. Does not appear in your Application Folder? Drag it off the Dock and see if goes Poof.

OP
T
Reaction score
There is an E Commerce application named 'Wish'. Does not appear in your Application Folder? Drag it off the Dock and see if goes Poof.

It's not on my dock, it's only in my launchpad, but it doesn't appear anywhere else on my computer as far as I know.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sometimes certain applications perform more than one function and each of those functions may show up in Launchpad as a separate icon. I have several of those types of apps in my Launchpad. You're just going to have to try to dig around in your applications to see which one placed that icon there. It may be part of another app that you do use so be careful about removing it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.