best place to buy memory?

Reaction score
Can anyone help out with suggestions of places to buy cheap and reliable memory for my powerbook 12" 1.5Ghz
I have 512 MB ram already and would like to top it out....how much does this hold?
Also ran across some threads speaking of powerbooks having problems with new memory chips....anyone heard of this? Should I be concerned
thanks,
M

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
i have always used crucial to figure out what memory i need for my computer and then usually purchase it at newegg
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
I have had good luck with Other World Computing (OWC) www.macsales.com

They aren't always the cheapest, but they have an easy to navigate website and really good customer service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
http://www.crucial.com
Apple actually gets their memory from Crucial, so you're buying the memory that your mac was meant to work with. In addition, their prices are reasonable and if you're lucky you might get a free gift (I got Far Cry with my purchase).

C

Chase265

additional question regarding memory.....if i buy the memory and install it myself, how does that affect the Applecare program?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Chase265 said:
additional question regarding memory.....if i buy the memory and install it myself, how does that affect the Applecare program?
It doesn't. Just don't ever tell an Apple technician you've installed 3rd party RAM if you're looking to have them fix something, because sometimes they can be lazy and they'll pull out some BS story about the RAM not being up to Apple standards and thus hurting the system, all to avoid doing what they get paid to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.