messed up real good

Reaction score
just got my macbook, 2006 model, and i decided that i wasnt happy with the snow leopard os on it so i decided to clone from my desktop, macpro 20006, i ran disk utility and erased the macbook HD twice then clone my lion to it. when i restarted up my macbook pro all i got was a grey screen with a circle and a line in it. i then held down the option key and started and got the HD icon but cant launch it. am i going to need to buy a install disk and if so which system would i need to get, snow leopard ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Snow Leopard OS X.6 is the last disc made. Pop it in, format the drive and do a clean install.

OP
H
Reaction score
so what i need to do is buy snow leopard. then once in insert it do i hold down a certain key to boot from it.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
ok then i dont need leopard to install snow leopard, right.

Nope. As long as you're purchasing the full retail install disk from Apple.com.

- Nick

OP
H
Reaction score
ok just ordered it. as i remember i startup then insert the disk then restart and hold the option key. right

OP
H
Reaction score
well i started up my macbook and at least this time i got a grey screen with a folder icon and ? in it. guess thats better than the circle with a line threw it. i should be getting my disk in a few days. guess worse case ill have to put it in the shop or buy a new hard drive.

OP
H
Reaction score
installed the disk, held down option key and now its installing. life is good again. the one good thing that comes out of these situations is that i learn what to do to fix the problem and what to do to prevent the problem, or what not to do.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Glad you got that sorted out.

OP
H
Reaction score
thats the biggest thing i love about macs, which are the computers i know and have had, you can mess them up real good and still be able to fix the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.