• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

How to get rid of pixels in my video?

Reaction score
Hello to all it's been a long time since I needed help thanks to google, youtube, and everything else out there lol anyway let me cut to the chase... As some of you know facebook lets you download your profile to your computer which includes wall posts, photos videos etc.
Well back in high school I shot these little 3-4 minute videos on my old Venus LG phone but sadly now that I look back on them the quality is all pixelated and blocky not smooth at all.
So i tried converting them to mkv best quality possible and other formats changing setting to 1080p and even making bitrate 9000 etc.
I have Toast Titanium 11 and am trying to see if anyone can help me get rid of the pixels in my video if possible. If not with toast titanium then any other program. I read online the process is called deblocking I googled and even youtubed this and nothing comes up for mac.
Video info if it helps
Kind MPEG-4 Movie
Size 776 KB
Dimensons 176 x 144
Codecs H.264 , AAC
Duration 0:50
Audio Channels 1
Total bit rate 121

All help is appreciated thanks in advance

n4ftlj.png
[/IMG]

C

chas_m

Dimensons 176 x 144

This is the issue. You shot the video on an old phone that produced crappy video.

There's absolutely nothing you can do about this. The video will look reasonably good if you resize your viewer to be 176x144 pixels or smaller, otherwise it will look ... um, crappy.

Sorry.

(believe me this is exactly how I feel whenever someone shows a VHS tape on a FullHD TV)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.