iCal issues with dropped events

Reaction score
Has anyone experienced events disappearing from iCal? I sync to my desktop and they disappear from there too! This has happened a couple of times now and is very disconcerting. I don't use iCloud as it creates duplicate listings of everything on my iphone and desktop calendar

OP
C
Reaction score
iCal events dropped

Has anyone experienced events disappearing from iCal? I sync to my desktop and they disappear from there too! This has happened a couple of times now and is very disconcerting. I don't use iCloud as it creates duplicate listings of everything on my iphone and desktop calendar

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Merged threads - please do not crosspost.

C

chas_m

It duplicates listings because you are trying to use BOTH iTunes syncing AND iCloud syncing, resulting in duplicates. Choose one, turn the other one off.

I have no idea what is causing your events to disappear. On an iOS device the default is not to show events past I think 90 days because of the limited storage on iOS devices, but that should in no way affect your desktop.

Until you nail down the problem, I'd suggest keeping your backups up-to-date so you can restore the events if needed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.