The Old Great Macs ...

P

piece of apple

Heh,

I'm looking for a Mac, but I don't want the new ones (the're too expensive - i gotta work with Canadian dollars!!). I was thinking about an IMac DV or IMac Slot Landing, as I heard tremendous reviews about each. I know a guy who can hook up OS X Tiger 10.4.4 on it.

Is there a good place I can find one, like a used Apple store on the 'Net? OR should I just retort to the Mini? Can't make up my mind.

imacdvse.jpg

with OS X TIGER or
imac-mini.jpg

with OS X TIGER

OP
P

piece of apple

zap2 said:
do u have a screen? if so get a Mini if not try and get iMac G3

ok. so are the iMac DV's powered by a G3? Which one is faster, the DV or the Mini?

yea i have a screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Get the Mini it will be faster, has a better video card, more hard drive space and it wont be used. You also have a screen so you will just have to but the Mini and maybe an apple keyboard / mouse.

OP
P

piece of apple

Benjamindaines said:
Get the Mini it will be faster, has a better video card, more hard drive space and it wont be used. You also have a screen so you will just have to but the Mini and maybe an apple keyboard / mouse.

nice! :dive: (these emotions don't make any sense!) i guess i'm getting a Mini!

OP
P

piece of apple

wow now i'm SERIOOSLYY considereing a MINI. I think that's the best thing for me, since i'm mad paranoyic. (If i spend $3000 on a computer, even if they're one dead pixel, ill freak)

I was just wondering, does Apple support upgrades. or do i have to get them through third parties?

oh yea, and are cubes worth it anymore? if i have a monitor and a keyboard ... are they G4?

Reaction score
You could save even more money on a mini by buying a certified refurbished mini from Apple. I believe you'll be saving around 15%. You could always try ebay :p

OP
P

piece of apple

VakeJ said:
You could save even more money on a mini by buying a certified refurbished mini from Apple. I believe you'll be saving around 15%. You could always try ebay :p

wait wait! what? 15%??? Wow, if i by it REFURBISHED. Wow, i'll luv that. Im tight on cash right now, and I live in Canada, so thats like a "For Dummies" book for going broke.

so are refurbished macs avaialble at Mac stores? Or online ... ill look around, but thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
piece of apple said:
wait wait! what? 15%??? Wow, if i by it REFURBISHED. Wow, i'll luv that. Im tight on cash right now, and I live in Canada, so thats like a "For Dummies" book for going broke.

so are refurbished macs avaialble at Mac stores? Or online ... ill look around, but thanks
They MIGHT be available in store but I'm not sure. I know they're available online.

Reaction score
The home of the free and the land that did for Bra
Your Mac's Specs
24"iMac, 15"MB-Pro, MacBook, G4 iMac, PM G5 2x2Ghz, G4 iBook & Some PCs
I have a ton of Macs but my main one, i.e the one I'm currently typing on, is the 1Ghz G4 swan-neck flat panel 17 inch widescreen LCD iMac, mind you the last of the eMac models had better Gfx, large HD, faster CPU and more memory.

Amen-Moses

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
piece of apple said:
wow now i'm SERIOOSLYY considereing a MINI. I think that's the best thing for me, since i'm mad paranoyic. (If i spend $3000 on a computer, even if they're one dead pixel, ill freak)

I was just wondering, does Apple support upgrades. or do i have to get them through third parties?

oh yea, and are cubes worth it anymore? if i have a monitor and a keyboard ... are they G4?

Yes and no. Without a display, it will cost roughly $2,000 to buy a Cube and bring it up to today's standards. See my blog post here:

http://mcproject.blogspot.com/2006/01/money-pit.html

So, is it worth it? Only if you like Cubes :)

OP
P

piece of apple

well i like Cubes, but i didn't know used ones are $2000! Do they run on G4?

Edit: Never mind i looked at your site. I guess $300 for a basic used Cube, then add more stuff ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.