email to me.com account

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac,iphone,time capsule,ipad
In my office we have a number of pc and mac computers. We have clients that have email accounts ending in me.com. The folks in my office running pc cant send email, new or replies to customers with emails ending in me.com. We can send from macs. any ideas?(I know convert to all macs, but not in the budget,)
Thanks in advance. rda

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What sort of errors are you getting when sending the emails? Addresses @me.com are just like any other and shouldn't necessairly care where a PC or Mac sent the originating email..

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It shows as sent at pc, but customer never receives the email. I have a me account also, and they cant send to mine either. If I respond to same customer from my mac, they receive the email.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Since you have a me.com address, try signing into your iCloud account online and see if they're being caught by the spam filter there and not being forwarded on to Mail.

Can't imagine it would matter as I'm still using my @mac.com address without issue - as far as I know - but, have one of your Windows co-workers try changing the address to @icloud.com just to see if that goes through.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you all for the responses. I have had my co-workers try to the .icloud account, no luck. Also, this does not come up in my spam folder. I had my IT contractor track this, and it is leaving the server ok, but is never received. The IT contractor says its because I have such old pcs that we need to upgrade everything. The oldest pc is 3 yrs and running xp. Thanks again for the suggestions.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If the IT contractor says it's due to having a 3 yr old PC, I wouldn't believe anything else he tells you and I'd be looking for a new IT company.

You checked the spam folder in the mail client you're using on the computer or you logged in to iCloud.com and checked there?

If the latter, I'd be calling whomever you're using as your ISP and be asking them to check their servers.
Have seen something similar twice over the last 10-12 years. Whenever we've had an issue of mail appearing to go out, no return message saying it couldn't be delivered, yet not being received, it's been the ISP - ours was CBeyond. Would guess something wrong in their DNS settings, but never was told how they resolved the issue. And it took over 2 weeks for it to get resolved on both occasions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
If the IT contractor says it's due to having a 3 yr old PC, I wouldn't believe anything else he tells you and I'd be looking for a new IT company.

THIS a thousand times over. Your contractor is an incompetent moron.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have a gmail account? Log in to gmail online and try sending yourself an email to your me.com address from one of those windows PCs.

Or set up a new test gmail account in Outlook or whatever email client they're using and try using that address to send from.

Perhaps Apple is rejecting mail from your domain - company on a blacklist for some reason or other???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.