Cheap HDMI Adapter for a 2009 Macbook?

Reaction score
MacBook
13-inch, Mid 2009
Processor 2.13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

I found some online, but it says it only works with Macbook Pros/Airs & I was wondering if it will also work with my 2009 white macbook?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Found some what online?
Would like to see a link of a cable that says it "only works" with MacBook Pros/Airs.
My question would be which MacBook Pros/Airs???
There certainly is no "single" adapter that will work with all MacBook Pros.

Don't look for adapters/cables for a Mac - you look for an adapter/cable based on the port that any particular machine has.

In this case, your MB has a mini-DVI port.
So, you would need a "mini-DVI to HDMI" adapter.
That's only the easy answer though, not necessarily the correct answer depending on what you need to do.

If you want the audio on whatever it is you're connecting the other end of the HDMI cable to, you're also going to need a separate audio cable. And, you'll need to verify that device is capable of using a separate audio with it's HDMI port.

You may want to give a read through posts 1, 3 & 4 in the sticky.

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.