Why won't my xbox controller work with my computer?

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the latest version of the Tattiebogle so that I could use my wired xbox 360 controller on with my computer. It does appear in my system preferences, but the problem is that for some reason when I plug my controller in, it won't register that it is there and I cannot use or configure it.

I believe that my computer is running Lion, if that matters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
Not sure what the problem could be, I happen to have an Xbox controller I use in boot camp with the wireless receiver so I could troubleshoot in mountain lion and post back here.

What do you do after you plug it in? I don't have a wired controller, but I know the wireless ones, you have to press the Xbox button in the center of the controller for it to register with the PC. It might be the same.

If you're doing everything correctly, I'm assuming the problem might either be the driver itself, the USB port (try a different one and see if its any different), or the way the operating system manages USB peripherals and software (I know I've had problems with certain drivers and apps in Mountain Lion including those that are required to run as root).

But yeah, I'll reboot to my Mountain Lion side later and see if I can't get the driver to work for me and I'll update. If it works with Mountain Lion, I'm assuming it'll work with Lion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16 GB DDR3 Ram running OS X 10.8.4 Mountain Lion
Since I can't edit my previous post... I'll just do another post (sorry for double posting... I know it's a pet peeve to some on forums).

I tested out the driver version 0.12 and the wireless controller successfully synced and registered as a peripheral in system preferences first time, so it seems to be working.

Have you restarted your computer like the driver asks and which version of the driver are you running? If you've installed a version older than 0.12, there is a fix for Lion with it.

It might do some good to reinstall the driver if you can't get it working with what I suggested above in my previous post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.